What’s the opportunity? To direct and guide our ministry to 7th-12th grade students that strives to invite them into a biblical community to become transformed, Christ-centered, relational, and passionate disciples of Jesus that will succeed in making the transition from maturing Christian students to maturing Christian adults.
A few details: You will be partnering with a congregation of over 250 people and a ministry team of nearly 20 volunteers who are passionate about developing the foundational habits and relationships in the lives of our youth that will create a sustaining and growing relationship with Jesus. This is a full-time position with benefits.
It’s relational! You’ll be shepherding, coordinating and collaborating with the complex and fluid mix of people - students, volunteers, parents, and congregation – that embody our Jr/Sr High ministry to provide a context in which our students can “acquire a taste for grace” (per Eugene Peterson).
A few details: We have over 50 students that are participating in the life and ministry of our church on a weekly basis. We have students that remain on the fringe. We are passionate about reaching them ALL – whether they attend our programs or not!
Personal and professional skills we’d like to see you bring to this position include:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to His Church.
- Solid working knowledge of Scripture with the ability to articulate the story of the Bible, as well as your own faith story.
- Being a disciple of Christ relying upon God’s word and Spirit-led prayer for discernment and decision-making.
- Ability to relate to students as a mentor and servant leader.
- Good organizational skills and ability to facilitate programs to completion.
- Possess good communication, encouragement, and conflict resolution skills.
- Four year college degree is preferred
- Background and/or experience in education or ministry desired.
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience in youth ministry with 2-3 years of that experience in a leadership position.
If you believe God may be preparing you for this opportunity, please take some time to find out more about us at www.eppc.com and then let us know more about you! Please submit your resume – and a little bit of your story – to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Eden Prairie Presbyterian Church
Attn: Jeanette Twedten
9145 Eden Prairie Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55347